We wish to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our Inclusion Team. This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with families, children and the school to provide early intervention, signposting, support and guidance in times of challenge and stress.
As a Home School Link Officer you will advise and support parents ensuring their children attend school regularly and gain maximum benefits from education. You will also develop and provide knowledge of family services available in the local community and signpost to available support.
We would like a person to join our team who:
- is an excellent communicator and able to develop a good rapport and working relationship with children, parents and a wide range of adults;
- has a commitment to transforming the lives of young people and their families to overcome the social, cultural and economic barriers to learning;
- is able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- has safeguarding experience;
- is self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and adaptable;
- can remain calm in difficult circumstances;
- can problem solve, use their initiative and work autonomously;
- is able to work their hours flexibly, attending meetings outside of core hours as necessary.
Salary: Scale 6 (£29,544 - £30,618) pro-rata
Prendergast Ladywell School is part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools; we believe that all our students can achieve excellence and that they deserve the very best teachers and resources to reach their potential. Our caring environment values achievement and we insist on tolerance and mutual respect.
You will have the opportunity to work with a forward thinking school leadership team. We provide a comprehensive and supportive induction programme for all new members of staff. You will also have access to a rich and varied CPD programme within the school and across the Federation.
If you are someone who puts students first, and is prepared to go the extra mile for every one of our students, then we want to hear from you.
Interviews: Wednesday 3 November 2021
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.