Grade 5- £27978-£31044pa
Havering has a bright future ahead! As one of London’s largest boroughs, Havering boasts attractive open spaces, fantastic schools and a thriving local economy. Underpinned by a strong corporate agenda, we’re focused on making Havering an even better place to live and work – delivering better outcomes for all.
This is an exciting time to join us as we look to embrace change, disrupt what is normal and look for opportunities to enhance our Housing provision across the borough.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Performance and Business Intelligence Analyst to work with Housing Services to provide effective and accurate performance information. The work will be varied, challenging and fast paced.
The ideal candidate is a 'can-do' person, who is passionate about meaningful and accurate performance reporting. You will need good analytical skills, and to be able to work to tight timescales and effectively manage your own workload.
You should have experience of extracting and analysing data from IT systems and of delivering technical yet understandable analysis. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior managers, Housing colleagues and partners, you will use your data-led insight to identify, implement and monitor performance targets. You will also help deliver statutory returns and be required to respond consistently and accurately to ad-hoc requests for data.
You will have:
- Experience of identifying, implementing and monitoring realistic, measurable and achievable targets.
- The ability to quickly familiarise yourself with different IT systems and to use them to extract data.
- The ability to support and train colleagues in the best practice use of IT systems including data input, data interrogation and terms of reference.
- The ability to analyse and present complex performance information and business intelligence in a clear and understandable format.
- The ability to monitor the quality and validation of data and knowledge of relevant data protection legislation.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, using your own initiative to ensure deadlines are met.
- The ability to think laterally and imaginatively.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team and independently of direct supervision.
For more information on the specific competencies associated with this role, in addition to an overview of Havering, Please view job description here
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Julia Blow at Julia.Blow@havering.gov.uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 1st November 2021, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 43277.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.