Service Designer X 3
Salary - £45,834 - £48,819 per annum
Fixed term until 31st March 2023, Full time – 36 hours per week
Hounslow Council is an outstanding council serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships across the borough which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs.
About the Team
The One Hounslow way is an exciting, values-led, systemic view of the key services we offer to our residents. The Business Improvement team is at the centre of the Hounslow Community-Centred Design activity and works with other skillsets to deliver expertise to the programme.
We’re looking for people who have the passion and knowledge to help us design for our communities.
- Understand complex, interconnected processes and be able to communicate the links between what happens across systemic views.
- Facilitate service managers across a system through a systems thinking and/or service design process.
- Design and redesign services based on the needs and wants of our residents.
- Facilitation of people and workshops to a high standard.
- An ability to understand and communicate systemic views of services delivered to our residents.
- Desire to investigate and get to the root cause of issues.
- A passion for enabling and listening to people’s stories.
Essential for The Role
Experience of applying or high knowledge of systems thinking and service design.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8583 6344
Closing date: 8th November 2021
Interviews will be held on week commencing 15th November 2021
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs