Class Teacher & English Lead
Qualified teacher status required
MPS + TLR2b (Outer London)
This post is not suitable for a newly qualified teacher
Required for January 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our warm and happy school. Whitehall is a collaborative and inclusive school in Waltham Forest, which is committed to ensuring the very best outcomes for all members of our school community. We are very proud to also have a Specialist Resource Provision for Deaf pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a driven, committed and inspirational English Lead who will inspire our pupils, harness the enthusiasm of our team and lead our school to be at the forefront of current research and key trends within English curriculum. We have high aspiration for our pupils and staff, and we are looking for someone who will be genuinely inspired by the chance to apply their strong subject knowledge and experience within our school community. This post will suit a practitioner who has high expectations of themselves and their pupils and who is ambitious to deliver on outcomes, both academically and in developing the whole child.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent classroom practitioner who is able to support colleagues to raise their teaching practice;
- A specialism in English and or strong subject knowledge and a real passion for the subject;
- Highly motivated, innovative and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of our team
- Plan and deliver creative and high quality engaging lessons around the English National Curriculum
- Fully support the vision, mission and values of the school and promote the highest levels of achievement within their own class and across the school
- Lead all aspects of your subject across the whole school,
- Be an active member of the Middle Leadership Team
Whitehall was judged a good school in its September 2017 OFSTED inspection.
If you are interested in knowing more about these posts, please email us at HR@whitehall.waltham.sch.uk
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.