Financial Assessment Officer- Council Tax Team
Permanent, Full time
Salary : £27, 978 - £30, 048
We are looking to appoint an Assessment Officer in the Council Tax Team within the Income & Debt department.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and be responsible for the administration of Council Tax accounts in line with current legislation, ensuring all necessary action is taken to collect revenue efficiently and effectively. They will process applications for reliefs and exemptions, effectively responding to enquiries received by letter, telephone and electronically, as well as undertaking proactive work to improve collection.
If you have experience in a debt collection environment and enjoy working with the public then this is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team focused on high performance and working to challenging financial and operational targets.
You will be an enthusiastic, committed team player, understanding best practice and customer contact procedures with experience in debt collection. You will be able to demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy, work using your own initiative and prioritise conflicting deadlines, manage your time efficiently with good communication skills.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 6th December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com . A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Christopher Kafetzis on 02081322019 or Yvonne Brown on 0208 132 2859 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.