Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do in Hillingdon. It's the reason that we come to work every day. With one of the highest levels of resident satisfaction in London, it's clear that all employees make a valuable contribution and understand the importance of what we do.
We are always on the lookout for talented and skilled people to help us deliver our wide range of services. If you believe that putting people at the heart of everything you do is important and you have the ambition and determination to help us continue to make our council a success by putting our residents first, then we look forward to receiving your application.
About the role
The council's Maintenance Service delivers around 40,000 repairs each year to 11,000 tenants. Occasionally things go wrong and we want to put them right and learn from what has happened. The Customer Service Apprentice will support the Maintenance Service's Complaints & Risk Manager to investigate, respond to and resolve queries, complaints and legal cases about repairs that are received from residents, other Council departments, Hillingdon councillors and local MPs.
This position is based at Harlington Road Depot in Hillingdon
You will learn how to research and analyse information from different sources and how to present the results to a wide variety of people. You will gain valuable skills in customer satisfaction, quality management and process improvement and you will use this knowledge to propose ways to deliver a more efficient and effective service for customers. You will also learn about general domestic maintenance: the role is entirely office-based but any effective customer service role requires you to know your 'product'.
The role consists of four days each week working in the Maintenance Service office, where you will receive support and training from the Complaints & Risk Manager, and the fifth day on learning and coursework for your qualification.
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship programme. Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we want to hear from you!
To find out more about our Apprenticeship schemes visit www.hillingdon.gov.uk/apprenticeships
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.