Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we’ve developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We’re one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
The Redbridge Civil Protection Team delivers on a wide and varied remit of Emergency Planning, resilience, response and recovery, whilst working across the authority and Local Resilience Forum assisting delivery of key civil protection and business continuity projects and assisting in delivery of key work streams to improve the resilience for council services and the businesses of Redbridge and wider cross department protection work in the Local Authority.
As a Civil Protection Resilience Officer, you will work to the Civil Protection manager in a small team and support the effective delivery of Civil Protection and Business Continuity.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring compliance their duties under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
- Preparation and maintenance of emergency plans
- Preparation and delivery of exercises.
- Provision of business continuity advice and guidance, act as a central hub to provide support, advice
- and guidance to tactical/strategic officers before, during and after incidents, work as part of a team to ensure communities are cared for in an emergency.
- Participation on the 24/7 emergency response rota.
We are looking for a highly skilled professional who has:
- Qualification OR equivalent experience and training and be able to attend emergency situations in and around the Borough at any time (24 hours).
- Knowledge of emergency planning and business/service continuity associated legislation and local government responsibilities in relation to Civil Protection.
- Confidence to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels by telephone, face to face and in writing in a diplomatic and persuasive manner and to gain their commitment.
- Represent the Council at various internal and external meetings, as well as to provide progress updates for senior council officers, elected members and other key partners.
- An understanding of the wider political landscape within which a local authority operates.
- Demonstrable organisational skills and can manage periods of heavy and conflicting demands and plan workload to meet strict deadlines, reacting urgently and taking control where necessary.
If you think, you could become and asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Ambitious for Redbridge
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.