Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: As soon as possible after 8th September 2022
St. Mary Magdalen’s is a lively, vibrant and successful Catholic Primary and Nursery School situated in the heart of Brighton city centre. The Governors are seeking to appoint a creative, strategic and inspirational SENDCo / Inclusion Lead to join our staff team in September 2022. Applicants will develop effective practice for pupils so that specific needs are addressed and pupils experience success and achieve academic and personal goals. You will work closely with our staff team to co-ordinate, plan and assess the SEND provision in our school.
About the role
We are looking for someone who:
- An outstanding teacher with an excellent record of raising standards for all;
- Is sympathetic and supportive of the Catholic ethos (even if not Catholic);
- Passionate about developing the whole child;
- Unrelenting in their belief of the potential of young people and the value of increasing aspiration;
- An inspirational role model and leader;
- Able to work in partnership with the SLT and Governors, leading on SEND;
- Able to lead and manage staff in developing and implementing effective provision for SEND pupils;
- Able to manage the interventions considered necessary for these pupils;
- Experienced in working with outside agencies;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in of working within the field of safeguarding;
- Aware of how to support pupils with emotional and / or behaviour needs in order to access a mainstream curriculum;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in record preparation and keeping, in relation to SEND pupils.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work in a school with kind and caring colleagues;
- Happy children who enjoy being at school and are engaged in their learning;
- A carefully considered approach to teacher workload;
- Continuing professional development;
- A close-knit staff team who are collaborative and hardworking;
- A good range of possible avenues for career progression, including subject and middle leadership opportunities;
- A bright, inviting classroom environment and grounds.
- A committed Governing Body.
Applications from practising Catholics are particularly welcome and visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
All applications MUST be made on a Catholic Schools Application Form which will be included in the pack or can be downloaded from the Catholic Schools Service: www.cesew.org.uk . Applications must be received at the school by 12 noon on the closing date. If you do not hear from us by the interview date, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
St Mary Magdalen’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and are subject to a Disclosure and Barring check.
To apply for this job go www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/jobs or contact Gill Pitman, School Business Manager,St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School, Spring Street, Brighton, BN1 3EF. Telephone 01273 327533 Fax 01273 327259 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 2nd September (12:00 noon)
Interview date: Thursday 8th September
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.