Waltham Forest has a challenging, customer focused digital agenda. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Digital Development Officer to join our Digital Team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. We’ve championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure we are giving our residents the greatest possible access to council services.
Key skill and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Understanding digital services and the development of processes (ideally using CRM / CMS systems)
- A technical background with some software development skills and interest in developing these further
- Experience writing basic queries using database structured query language (SQL)
- Good general ICT skills including use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- An understanding of software design principles and agile methodology
- Experience of working in a support or service desk role
- Experience of using testing to validate solutions
- Experience of creating technical documentation
As a Digital Development Officer you will work as part of our Support Team providing support to the organisation from a digital perspective and assisting with service optimisation improvements. This means supporting existing services to troubleshooting issues and provide fixes as required. You will help ensure the smooth operation and availability of the growing range of online services delivered to residents and the general public.
You will work in agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems; troubleshoot and resolve issues in development and production instances. The requires the ability to plan and manage development work to agreed timescales.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects at a time. Above all, you want to make Waltham Forest better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes a salary of up to £33,314 to £35,751 (dependant on experience), 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.