Head of Architecture & Security
Salary £69,768 to £75,738
About Waltham Forest
Driven by our sense of the place and its people, we constantly develop and evolve. Waltham Forest is London’s first Borough of Culture and 2019 MJ Council of the Year. Our opportunities are real: a new university campus, £300million new shopping centre, 10,000 new homes over the next ten years, re-invigorating a much-loved 950-seat theatre back and a new hospital at Whipps Cross.
However, we face challenges: 45% of our children live in poverty, climate change, health inequality, housing and the rising cost of living, creating an authority as diverse as the people we serve.
We need people that thrive in creating solutions and unlocking potential in all areas. Our Technology Service has transformed the IT experience of customers and staff. We have migrated to cloud services and infrastructure, redefined public web and transactional services, retained control over our core technology and network, and enabled new ways of working for our staff.
About the role
As the Head of our Architecture & Security, your team delivers the Council’s Technology and Security architecture and governance. This is crucial in enabling us to continue to get the most out of Digital and Technology opportunities but keeping our data and services safe. Reporting to the CIO you work with ICT Operations, Digital and and stakeholders. The scope of the role includes:
- Lead architecture & security practice, strategy, design, development and governance
- Explore opportunities for innovation by working with solution and security specialists across technical teams to identify and design solutions for business requirements
- Develop the Council’s enterprise architecture and technology roadmap.
- Lead the Council’s security readiness, monitoring, protection and response
- Provide assurance and manage risk for Technology and Digital services
- Delivering high level design and supporting the implementation of new data capabilities
- Being a future thinker who identifies and adopts new technologies when appropriate.
- Collaboratively working in partnership with services across the council to deliver corporate objectives and outside of the council to deliver wider community objectives.
Can you deliver architectural and security excellence? Do you combine technical and business acumen? Are you a leader who inspires trust? Then we may have a role for you!
This is an opportunity to join a successful team, make a real impact, and deliver technology and services that enable this ambitious Council to continue to serve the community.
Please apply with a CV and supporting statement to our consultant, Joanne Cumper at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to reach out to Joanne to set up an informal conversation about the role and working for Waltham Forest Council.
Application closing date 21 August 2022 at 23:59.
Interviews will be held virtually week commencing 29 August 2022.
The London Office of Technology and Innovation (loti) are our Strategic Talent Acquisition Partner for this technology vacancy. Loti operate across London Councils, find out more about them at loti.london