The council has embarked on an exciting digital transformation programme and has an ambition to become a digital leader leveraging on the benefits of modern Microsoft technology stacks and cloud based infrastructure, delivering new ways of working across the council to support our citizens, local businesses and staff.
This is an ideal career opportunity to work within a professional, results driven, friendly team delivering the transformation of IT systems and promoting digital provision of services.
We are looking for self-motivated and experienced Senior Business Applications Support Analyst to support, develop, implement and support IT business applications in order to support and deliver the Council's services.
The successful candidate will form part of our busy and dynamic Applications Support Team, managing existing systems and new initiatives- they will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of full application life cycle management of line of business applications, database management, data and business analysis, and cloud services including MS365 on cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience of application support on numerous platforms including Azure hosted, vendor hosted SAAS and desktop based applications.
- Opportunity to develop tools using MS Power Platform for the effective management and monitoring of business application health.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective team working.
- Provide technical design expertise of IT solutions during the procurement process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels, within the organisation, and with partners and suppliers.
The Council in return offers a generous package with hybrid working, flexi scheme, government pension scheme and 27 days leave per annum.
Tower Hamlets vision for our borough is that: people are aspirational, independent and have equal access to opportunities; we are a borough that our residents are proud of and love to live in; and we are a dynamic, outcomes-based council using digital innovation and partnership working to respond to the changing needs of our borough. We want people who aspire to our TOWER values: Together; Open; Willing; Excellent; Respect.
Tower Hamlets has a zero-tolerance approach to, and works to eradicate, all forms of discrimination on the basis of race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, status as a civil partner, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy and maternity and looks to employ a diverse workforce representative of those groups. We recognise that people can also be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class.
We welcome applicants interested in flexible working arrangements and also applicants who live in the borough.