This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
Purpose of the role:
To liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders to diagnose, submit claims, and manage to resolution all latent defects which occur in Peabody's New Build stock.
To work with wider Asset Management / Development team to feedback learnings to improve design and procurement documentation such as Design Guides and Employers Requirements ensuring the design of Peabody's New Build properties are focused on a minimal defect scheme.
To work with Delivery and Construction Inspectors to ensure quality management on site and within the rectification period enables to identification of defects at early stages to prevent latent defects.
To liaise with residents to ensure a smooth defect experience and resulting in high levels of satisfaction around defect resolution
To establish and implement effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Peabody business plan.
To monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
To externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
To take ownership and proactively manage latent defects of all new build properties and liaise with Development Team where required, ensuring defects are dealt with in line with Peabody policies & procedures and relevant contractual terms.
To assist in making insurance claims on behalf of residents and Peabody in respect of latent defects to include inspection of remedial works
To ensure the residents are kept up to date with progress of rectifications including timescales and relevant internal systems and schedules are updated.
Liaise with Employers Agents, Contractors, Residents, internal colleagues, manufacturers and the like to achieve the objectives of the role and organisation.
Provide a responsive and customer focussed service across the range of tenure types and properties in defect identification and management and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and value for money
Where complex issues are involved, investigate and report on latent defects including the appointment of independent consultants in close consultation with the wider Development team.
To make appropriate recommendations to Design & Quality team for specification changes using the knowledge of customer feedback and experience of dealing with latent defects
To keep abreast of relevant regulation changes and maintains awareness of the British Standards and Codes of Practice related to the construction industry
To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Excellent Defects diagnosis skills with a minimum of 3 years experience working within new build construction
- Sound technical/construction knowledge with experience of managing different forms of defects/repairs
- Strong report writing skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead relationships with suppliers
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Educated to a minimum HND level in a relevant Construction, Development, Planning, Project Management or Built Environment discipline
- Working towards a professional qualification RICS / CIOB / Etc
- UK Driving Licence / Access to own vehicle
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.