We’re looking for two dynamic, enthusiastic and highly organised individuals to join us as Youth Workers at our project in Battle. Motivate Health supports the personal development of young disadvantaged people aged 10-16 years within targeted wards in Hastings and St Leonards. We provide activities boosting health and well-being, education attainment levels and employment opportunities.
Fresh Visions is Optivo’s in-house Charity. We support children, young people and adults who face extreme disadvantage because of poverty, domestic abuse, lack of education and exclusion.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of young person-based projects and programmes
- Recruit, support and oversee a small team of community volunteers
- Manage, monitor and analyse expenditure against budgets
- Attend evening sessions, meetings and work school holidays
- Have a driving licence and be able to travel and work between three different centres.
- A youth work qualification, or equivalent is desirable, or proven experience of working with young people
- Ability to work on own initiative with effective organisation and administration skills
- To be informed on current issues concerning young people
- Excellent communication and customer service skills that enable you to communicate effectively with a diverse client group
- The ability to draft clear and concise correspondence and reports
The Company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past few years. We have a vast number of employees, and provide support to clients from all over the country.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion & Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual.
We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.