We have a great opportunity for an experienced Quality Inspector to assist the Partnership Manager to deliver a top quartile responsive repairs service through effective quality management of the Repairs service supply chain providing technical expertise and guidance for repairs and maintenance related works to all Peabody Group properties, ensuring the delivery of top quartile responsive repairs service for our residents.
You will be:
• Able to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
• In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement
• Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
• Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Technical expertise sufficient to understand complex issues in construction, repairs and maintenance.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety issues affecting the delivery of a repairs service.
• Ability to prepare and present concise and analytical reports on complex issues.
• Able to drive with access to a vehicle.
• Able to learn bespoke IT solutions, experience with CRM solutions
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, operate discretion thus maintaining the credibility of the service.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
• An understanding and ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with members of the public.
• An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
You will have:
1. Construction NVQ or relevant qualification in building maintenance
2. Experience or working in building repairs and maintenance.
3. Asbestos Awareness Training
4. Excellent IT knowledge
5. Full UK driving License
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.