SO1: £31,122 - £32,112
Ending homelessness in Enfield
We are transforming our homelessness service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness. Our transformation plan contains:
- A new Housing Advisory Service to deliver a range of services, including data-driven early intervention, community outreach, specialist practice teams and a street homelessness service
- An ambitious new Preventing Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2020-2025
- A new Allocations Policy to incentivise and reward PRS access and sustainment and
- A new ethical Lettings Company to reshape the local housing market
We are seeking a proactive, outcome focused candidate to join our Relief & Move-On Team. The Relief & Move-On Team provides housing options and homelessness casework to homeless households who are living in temporary accommodation.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about good customer service and take pride in delivering an excellent service. They must have the ability to communicate with residents and partners, develop effective partnerships, embrace change and develop professionally.
You must be able to demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of Homelessness legislation and case law coupled with hands-on experience of working with homeless households, including the ability to make Section 184 decisions.
You should also have knowledge of welfare and housing policy and law as well as safeguarding. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
You should be ambitious, proactive, collaborative, highly motivated and ready for a new challenge.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing: Friday 19th August 2022 at 23:59pm
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this role, please contact Iona Mackinnon on 0204 526 5336 or email Iona.firstname.lastname@example.org