This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
This role will be part of a Support Team, responsible for the back-office support to the Voids Team.
A key element of the role will be support for the delivery of various programmes as well as resident liaison, ensuring our customers are effectively and regularly communicated with pre; during and post works. The right attitude and approach to customer satisfaction is therefore crucial.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support our customers.
- Advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
- Update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met.
- Follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Heads of Voids or their nominees, which may include working outside normal working hours
- Provide relevant support to the various teams within the service.
- To deal with routine enquires from external agencies, internal customers and stakeholders in a professional manner within pre-agreed departmental and company timeframes.
- Support the Peabody Complaints Team in the investigation, management and response to complaints from customers.
- Manage enquires and requests for service via the telephone, computer and all other means of communication that come from internal and external customers.
- Support the teams with preparing project programmes using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel to track projects from inception to the end of the Defects Liability period. This shall include management of the supply chain and programme to ensure continuous work flow.
- Ensure our customers are regularly and clearly communicated with, kept up-to-date on progress and their expectations managed.
- Monitoring progress of works with special emphasis on works in progress liaising with the supply chain to ensure works are completed in target, raising works orders for the supply chain, monitor outcomes and completion targets.
- To work in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to clients and that key performance indicators are met.
- To liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, to coordinate programmes of repair work and improvements.
- To set up and maintain any databases, spreadsheets and systems as required.
- Arrange meetings and training seminars, confirming dates, venues and attendance as necessary, preparing meeting rooms and organising any required equipment, collating papers for distribution, ordering and / or providing refreshments, and taking minutes when requested.
- To ensure suitable filing and recording systems are in place, and that information is accessible for all.
- To collect the department’s post during the day and to scan and distribute each item of mail to relevant staff as quickly and as accurately as possible. To arrange the dispatch of items by recorded delivery or by courier as requested.
- Prepare reports using Microsoft and other databases as well as written text.
- To ensure that invoices are processed in an efficient and timely manner and that accurate recording of such payments takes place.
- Update relevant databases.
- Use specific software to plan the diaries of the surveyors.
- Track void progression and keep live updates on void software.
- Drive voids to completion by obtaining the correct certification as fast as possible.
You will have:
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Demonstrable experience in a role which has required good admin skills, including keyboard, telephone, IT and experience of working with databases.
- Experience of raising, monitoring and recording work orders though a relevant housing / repair management system.
- Experience in coordinating and following up on work programmes.
- Experience in investigating and reporting on numerous sources of data
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of people including clients, staff, contractors and external agencies.
- Some experience with high profile legal cases.
- Experience in diary management and appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge and understanding of an administration service and problem solving in the absence of key staff.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.