This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
To consistently meet and exceed targets and key performance indicators for the delivery of excellent customer service.
To be responsible for and lead the payment officers within their team.
- Supervising Payments Officers to ensure Invoices are processed & paid in a timely manner. To assist hands on where backlogs necessitate prompt clearance.
- To carry out monthly one to ones and yearly objective setting.
- Scan Invoices into IPOS within target times.
- Where appropriate, code invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Manage outstanding invoices for approval through liaison with suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal staff to ensure queries are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Reconcile individual supplier statements as required.
- To use AP Forensics to identify duplicate transactions in the system, to prevent duplicate payments.
- Coordinate payment runs.
- Assist and help control weekly payments – BACS and CHAPS as required.
- To prepare and post journals in the SUN accounting system as and when required
- Help identify and implement improvements to systems, policies and procedures.
- To Implement Group Payments performance KPIs and to consistently meet performance targets.
- Produce reports and analysis as required.
- Provide Value add customer service.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of the Payments function for Peabody
- Provide leadership of the Payments team when the Group Payments Manager is out of the office.
- Speak to and deal with Enforcement Agents as and when required.
- Carry out other duties and assignments as directed.
- You will have:
- Previous Experience in a Supervisory level
- Experience of Group Payments Policies & Procedures
- Experience at training and leading staff
- Ability to plan and organise own work load and to meet deadlines.
- Sense of ownership and initiative in the workplace.
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and staff.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.