BE BOLD, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, SHOW YOU CARE
Overview: This is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward. Our Digital Services Team are changing in the way we deliver our service and are reflecting the new ways of working with the use of Digital, Data and Technology.
We are looking for a motivated, high performing Senior Security Manager that wants to make a difference and can provide support to the team through a period of development and change, with an aim of operating slick and efficient processes whilst providing the best service to our customers, residents and businesses.
The Senior Security Manager is an existing role within Digital Services, currently reporting to the Head of Technical Security will be defining, implementing and refining approaches to Information Security/Cyber Security, undertaking risk assessments, reporting results and offering guidance to the technical teams and business stakeholders alike working closely with senior level business stakeholders to disseminate a security focussed approach.
This role will also require you to apply your knowledge of cyber security and provide clear and accurate advise throughout security projects. Working alongside internal teams, management and stakeholders, you will be responsible for the identification, planning and delivery of cyber security elements across cross-portfolio programs and services, and to successfully deliver cybersecurity initiatives.
Permanent, Full Time contract
MM2 Salary range: £48,801 - £62,421 pa
This role has an additional market factor supplement of £13,679 pa taking the salary up to £76,000 pa
Our Market Factor Supplements are reviewed annually
- Maintain and enhance the Digital Services Security Governance framework, road map and governing processes.
- Put in place and maintain effective enabling security structures, principles, processes and practices, with clarity of responsibilities and authority to achieve the organisation's mission, goals and objectives
- Maintain the organisation-wide training in security awareness, protocols and procedures
- Act as a liaison between upper-level management, technical staff, risk assessment staff and auditors, scrutiny committees, and external bodies
- To detect and fight attacks and intrusions, and to minimise the damage incurred by security breaches
- Monitoring and managing any breaches or incidents associated to Information Security.
- Reporting on security incidents, producing lessons learnt and actions for future mitigation; ensuring these actions are taken forward
About you: we are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who can work collaboratively both within their own service and across other services and has a good understanding of change in a complex organisation.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 on 27th July 2022
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Mark Aylwin on 078 1339 8158 for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner at email@example.com or 020 8132 1024
For more information please visit www.DiscoverDigitalEnfield.co.uk
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.