£52,885 pa + £1800 pa essential car user allowance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Surveyor to join our Assessment Management team within Leasehold. You will be working closely with the Senior Project Surveyor to ensure contracts and works are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner to agreed quality standards, value for money, statutory and regulatory legislation, health & safety compliance, ensuring high levels of customer and client satisfaction.
As a Project Surveyor you will ensure the provision of an efficient asset management service for a specified area to Optivo owned and managed homes. You will be required to effectively manage and supervise staff to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget and undertake a range of property surveys, prepare specifications and schedule of works for tender.
What you'll need
- Membership of RICS, CIOB or equivalent level experience
- Previous building surveying or construction experience delivering a customer focused service
- HNC in building studies or equivalent level experience
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of project managing and delivering major works and service contracts
- Staff management and supervision
- Experience of undertaking property surveys and specifying and tendering work
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, in regards to building, construction and health & safety
- Knowledge of procurement and different forms of contract and contract management
- Working knowledge of the law pertaining to repair, landlord and resident/leasehold management
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in written reports.
- Ability to use the appropriate IT tools to produce reports, documents, emails, including using Excel and Word to compile reports for different audiences.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th August 2022 at 23:59
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.