We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Team Managers to join the existing management team within the Family Assessment Service in supporting and driving our continuous improvement journey.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated first line leaders who possess the key skills, knowledge, and experience to form and develop a stable team contributing to the journey of outstanding practice and performance and who can work collaboratively with their Team Manager colleagues, Service Managers and the Head of Service in making a positive difference to children, young people, and their families in Croydon.
We are keen to hear from experienced Team Managers that know what outstanding social work practice looks like where you will oversee, and quality assure all assessment related activity.
You will possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to use your leadership skills to embed systemic practice within your team and the wider organisation.
You will focus on the allocation and assessment of children and families, developing practice standards and driving practice improvements through robust practice evaluation and performance management.
Equally, you will excel in the supervision and support of practitioners whilst monitoring progress and ensuring professional development of each member of your team.
You will demonstrate and drive the importance of timely assessment and interventions, ensuring that everyone in the team is meeting the statutory requirements in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers and partner agencies.
Our Family Assessment Service Team Managers are central to driving exceptional social work practice in making a positive difference to children, young people, and their families in Croydon.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager you will be responsible for delivering services to children and young people through the operational management and supervision of social work teams.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Welcome payment of £5,000 (NB following successful completion of your six-month probation period)
- Retention payment of £5,000
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- Up to 31 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Parking permits provided
- Accredited Systemic Practice training
- A range of CPD opportunities to support your development
- Our Edge of Care Service works alongside social workers
- Manageable caseloads
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Good management support for practitioners, regular supervision, and access to a clinical therapist to support your work
Why Join Us
- Our teams consist of experienced Social Workers, Assistant Team Managers and Team Managers at various levels
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties, they will use this time to problem solve complex cases
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Caseloads are very manageable enabling our caseworkers to really get to know children well & ensure high standards of practice
- You will join an established management team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
The Team Manager will take operational responsibility for a team of Social Workers in respect of;
- Qualified and registered Social Worker who is Social Work England registered
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions for children in the relevant service area of the child’s journey.
- Experienced in leading and managing performance of a team of social workers, ensuring the cases are allocated effectively in terms of skills and experience suited to the complexity of the case.
Full time 36 hours per week
Recruitment and Selection Timeline
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 11th September 2022
Shortlisting will take place week beginning 12th September 2022
Interviews will take place week beginning 19th September 2022
Click here to view the Team Manager role profile
Equal Opportunities Statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Subject to business needs, we will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working, whereby staff attend the workplace for part of their working week and work from home, or elsewhere, remotely for the rest of the time.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a enhanced DBS check.