Permanent – Full Time
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Redbridge; we are at the heart of regeneration and change in East London, with unprecedented investment in the area expected in the next few years and Cross Rail will open new opportunities for new homes and jobs. We benefit from excellent transport links across London and Essex and our offices, based in Ilford, are only 9 minutes from Stratford and 18 minutes from Liverpool Street, in the heart of the city.
Our vision is Ambitious for Redbridge, and to help us meet our challenges the Council is shaping its service areas to meet the needs and diversity of the population. As part of the vision we have recently undertaken a major restructure of the Regeneration & Culture Services and are still currently recruiting to a number of new and exciting posts. The reorganisation of the service area enables the potential for career development and progression as we grow our team.
About the Role
Working in the Corporate Landlord Property Team, playing a prominent role in the provision of hard FM services across the Council Estate. Delivering a high-quality customer focused service contributing to a fit-for-purpose working environment for members of staff and the community.
We are seeking an established maintenance supervisor, with a wide range of practical skills and experience, from an M&E background.
Managing the Council’s Property Maintenance, ensuring the Council’s legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met, managing reactive and planned repairs in an efficient and cost-effective way and providing technical advice.
The post holder is responsible for but not limited to:
• Planned and scheduled weekly and monthly routine and reactive maintenance tasks to ensure fully operational facilities and high standards at all times
• A sound understanding of: work and health/safety at work regulations and best practice
• Working with external contractors/suppliers
• Project management
For this role, we are looking for candidates with experience in either working within a FM or Property Management Service using a CAFM system.
You must be a strong communicator, well organised, self-motivated and must have the ability to work unsupervised. This role will be working within a fast-paced environment and someone with experience in a similar role is essential.
• Degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience of working in a building technical environment
• Experience of managing contractors and projects
• Experience of working on a CAFM system
• Excellent organisational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
• Excellent people management skills
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus, and promote a sense of team spirit and good morale within the team
• Computer Literate with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Accuracy and Attention to detail
• A proactive approach to all matters relating to building management, taking full ownership and accountability for all works within your remit
• Manage work tasks assigned through the CAFM in a timely manner, ensuring a good flow of communication with helpdesk staff and end users
• Overall effective management of works from start to resolution
To apply for this post please complete the online application form and attach your CV and a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the criteria for the role as stated in the person specification.