Principal Internal Auditor
Salary: PO2 £39,564 - £42,585 pa
Permanent Full Time 36 hours per week
We are seeking a high performing and forward-looking Principal Internal Auditor to deliver Internal Audit services across the Council.
The key aim of the role is to support the Audit and Risk Manager with the delivery and continuous improvement of an expert professional service. The role will have operational responsibility for managing and motivating the Internal Audit team as well as undertaking a portfolio of complex or high profile audits.
This is a wide-ranging role as it includes working with the Council’s partner organisations and local authority trading companies as well as internal stakeholders. Additionally, the role provides the opportunity to work alongside our partners at London Borough of Waltham Forest to share best practice and to develop a programme of continuous improvement.
You may already possess or be working towards CCAB accountant, CMIIA or CIA / QIAL qualifications. Regardless, you have a strong audit background and enthusiastically promote internal audit practices and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards. You have an innate curiosity and creative problem-solving skills. You have excellent written and verbal skills. You also have experience of managing a complex workload and of dealing with conflicting and changing demands.
Relationship building with colleagues across the Council, including senior management and external stakeholders, is key to this role and you will have the experience, confidence and credibility to do this. Your excellent team management skills will be key to delivering in this role.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andy Kingsbury, Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor on 0208 078 5976 or email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role please contact our Audit & Risk Manager Lisa.Byrne@enfield.gov.uk
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 25th September 2022.
Interviews planned for 13th & 14th October 2022.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and or requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed