Full time - Permanent
Location - Redbridge Home Treatment Team, Tantallon House, Barley Lane, Goodmayes IG3 8XJ
Do you want to work in a dynamic mental health team? We are looking for experienced Band 6 Social Work Practitioners to work in The Redbridge Home Treatment Team, providing flexible rapid response and assessment to people in a mental health crisis 24 hours a day. The team is a partnership between the London Borough of Redbridge and NELFT.
Candidates should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work under pressure. You will be required to have an understanding of both acute in-patient and community-based mental health work, and the needs of mental health service users from a diverse range of backgrounds. You will need to be an excellent communicator, creative and capable of thinking on your feet.
You should have a valid driving licence and have access to the use of a car for work.
All successful candidates will be offered a full training package before starting in post and access to ongoing training, reflective practice and supervision. The Home Treatment Team is a 24 hour a day service so staff will generally be expected to work a flexible shift pattern.
In addition you should:
- Be a qualified social worker with a relevant qualification (DipSW or Degree) and have experience of working in mental health.
- Have experience of working with service users experiencing severe mental health difficulties and with complex needs.
- Have experience of managing risk in partnership with service user and carers.
- Be an Approved Mental Health Practitioner or be willing to train; You would receive an AMHP allowance of £3000 per annum.
- Possess excellent assessment skills; be able to determine appropriate evidence based interventions and proposed outcomes of intervention for Service Users and their Carers.
- Have a sound knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice issues.
- Be committed to a multi- disciplinary way of working within a dynamic team, which promotes innovative practice.
- Be confident in managing complex cases that reflect the diverse needs of people with severe mental health problems.
Please see Redbridge - Jobs for more information.
In return we will offer you access to excellent support, peer and management supervision, an individually tailored performance plan, opportunities for training and development, and flexible working options. There is also a recruitment and retention allowance of £2000 per annum.
Please contact Dave Tyler (Team Manager) or Mutsa Mandizha (Social Work Lead) to discuss this post in detail - Tel no: 03003001882 Option 2.
Interviews will be held on the 6th October 2022
Redbridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children, young people and vulnerable adults. Posts will require a DBS disclosure check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
To apply for this post please complete the online application form and attach your CV and a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the criteria for the role as stated in the person specification.
All short-listed applicants will need to demonstrate proof of right to work in the UK. At the London Borough of Redbridge, we receive a high volume of great-quality applicants, we therefore may close a vacancy earlier than advertised. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment and welcome applications from qualified applicants regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, colour, race, religion, or belief.