Post 14 Team Leader
Salary £39,564-£42,585 (PO2)
Permanent, Full time (36 hours) positions
The London Borough of Enfield is looking for a Post 14 Team Leader to join a well resourced and committed SEN team.
SEN is a statutory service providing support to children and young people with SEN who have an Education Health and Care Plan. We currently have 1200 plans in the post 14 Team and there are 4 staff that you will be responsible for.
We have a good reputation as a service and are improving year on year with statutory time-lines as well as developing and embedded services and systems. The service is well supported by, The Director of Education, Head of Service and the Heads of Service near to SEN, such as the Educational Psychology Service, Admissions, School Improvement and Children and Adult service leads.
We are a committed, responsible and caring service and are looking for a Post 14 Team Leader that can build on the existing support:
- Legislative training and support to staff
- Support to our schools and colleges
- Developing transitional arrangements with parents and young people.
- Nurturing and supporting your team.
- Improving performance, systems and structures
- Providing innovation and support to develop SEN to be progressive and to make sure our children and young people achieve their outcomes.
We are looking for a forward thinking, organised and focused individual who is dynamic, can think on their feet and use their own initiative.
We would like someone who is good at presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, someone who is calm under pressure and is systematic. A good team player, supportive and encouraging of positive performance.
In exchange we offer a substantial benefits package, training to further develop you as a manager and a supportive and responsive People’s Department.
If you would like to know more about this role Role please contact Zulkifl.Ahmed@enfield.gov.uk on 0208 132 1941 for an informal discussion.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Tuesday 27th September 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cinzia Percival on 0208 132 0346 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Zulkifl.Ahmed@enfield.gov.uk on 0208 132 1941 for an informal discussion.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.