This is an opportunity to be a key part of a highly motivated, strong performing and friendly finance team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our accountancy team providing a wide range of financial services to the Chief Executive’s Department.
The Principal Finance Officer will report directly to the Senior Accountant. Operating in a busy environment, they will need to be flexible and be responsible for providing a comprehensive financial service to specified service areas, actively contributing to support other members of the finance team.
The responsibilities include:
- Preparation of annual estimates and the closing of accounts.
- Provision of day-to-day financial advice to senior managers and budget holders.
- Assisting in forecasting and managing the budgetary implications for service delivery caused by the specialist and unpredictable nature of some of the services delivered by the Council including commenting on the financial impact of service proposals.
A key responsibility will be providing financial advice, information and training to budget holders and service managers. You will therefore need excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial issues to non-finance colleagues.
- Be AAT qualified or part qualified CCAB.
- Have experience of budget preparation/monitoring and closure of accounts.
- Be experienced in the use of accounting packages, Excel, Word and Access.
- Have a strong customer focus with good communication skills.
Please contact John Johnstone on 020 461 7006 if you would like to discuss this post further.
We are committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. We offer a generous package including competitive pay, local government pension scheme, flexible working practices and the Bromley Employee benefits scheme; Cycle2Work, Salary Sacrifice Lease Cars, Technology Scheme and a wide range of unique discounts.