Paid weeks per year: 52
We are seeking to appoint a permanent, full-time Deputy Headteacher. Mile Oak is a lively community primary school, based on the edge of Brighton and Hove City, next to the South Downs National Park.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 421 pupils on roll. We have been on a rapidly improving school journey over the last four years and following a successful Ofsted inspection, we are now at the stage of refining our development work across the school. We believe that relationships are the key to children experiencing success and this is under pinned by the highest expectations of learning and behaviour. All staff share the collective responsibility of ensuring that every child thrives, succeeds and has their needs met.
You will need to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of ambition, courage, pride and respect. The successful candidate will be fully involved in the life of the whole school community.
About the role
Our new Deputy Headteacher will:
- Be an effective and experienced senior leader with excellent management and organisational skills.
- Be an outstanding communicator and team player who is able to work under pressure to effectively manage the complex process of change
- Have sound knowledge of education best practice and be able to effectively challenge and support staff to ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Monitor progress and performance to ensure there are high aspirations for every child and member of staff in order for them to experience continued, high levels of success
- Be innovative, working in partnership with our community, local schools and with the Local Authority.
- Be committed to all forms of diversity and equality and be able to tackle all barriers to learning, well-being and inclusion.
- Have a holistic focus on children’s well-being to ensure a safe and inspirational learning environment and culture.
In turn, we offer you:
- Enthusiastic and caring pupils who are motivated to learn and be inspired.
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly talented, committed and supportive staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- A large and engaging outdoor learning environment.
- A supportive and knowledgeable Governing body.
- Caring and enthusiastic pupils who are motivated to learn and thrive.
- A well-resourced school with fantastic facilities and outdoor learning environment
- Support in your career progression towards headship
Our Website and social media pages provide a wealth of information and we strongly encourage visits during the mornings of 20 & 22 September and 27 & 28 September. If you are unable to attend on these dates, we would be happy to schedule an alternative time.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Headteacher, Luke Lording, and to arrange a visit, please contact Lynne Szkolar, School Business Manager on 01273 077114 or firstname.lastname@example.org. sch.uk.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 30th September
Shortlisting: Tuesday 4th October
Interview date: Thursday and Friday 14th October
Please note: After gathering feedback on Day 1, selected candidates will be asked to attend further interviews on Day 2.
References required: Two references will be sought
Start date: January 2023
How to apply: Completed application forms (attached to job pack) including a supporting statement of no more than four sides of A4. The person specification will be used to shortlist and therefore please ensure that you address these in your statement.
Application to be returned by email only to Lynee Szkolar
All applications will be acknowledged.
Telephone: 01273 077114
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.