Experienced Social Worker - Adult Safeguarding S42 team
Grade 12 £42, 585 - £44,628
In the context of developing our services to continue to meet the challenges of the Care Act, the S42 adult safeguarding team are looking to recruit an experienced social worker. We offer a supportive working environment for individuals to further develop their knowledge and understanding of Adult Safeguarding within a specialist Team.
Applicants are expected to have at least two years of post ASYE experience and ideally have BIA or Practice educator or similar qualifications (or be prepared to work towards this) and willing to have take up supervisory responsibilities.
- Direct work with adults and families involving face to face contact and home visits
- To undertake Section 42 Safeguarding Enquiries and ensure practice is underpinned by the principles of MSP
- Participate in the S42 Lead rota prioritising new referrals, information gathering and participating in SAM discussions
- Work in partnership with service users, carers and family members
- Ensure a high standard of case recording
- Complete risk assessments and protection plans
- Undertake Mental Capacity Assessments
- Complete referrals to Advocacy services
- Formulate s42 Enquiry Reports for safeguarding meetings
- Complete Court reports as required
- Manage and prioritise own caseload
- Multi-agency working.
Applicants need to provide evidence in their supporting statement of how they meet the above key responsibilities.
Closing date: Sunday 2 October 2022.
Tentative Interview date 10 October 2022
Equalities and Safeguarding Statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check