Permanent Full time
MM1 £39, 531- £50, 568
There is no better time to join the Meridian Water team here at Enfield.
Our delivery approach to this £7 billion, 85-hectare regeneration site is without precedent. The Council has taken control and will act as Master Developer for the site to develop 10,000 homes and 6000 jobs. 37 hectares of land have been acquired, planning obtained, and the developer selected for the first 1,200 homes. Our new rail station opened in June 2019 and a planning application has been approved for the next 2,300 homes. We have an extensive meanwhile programme, which includes the Drumsheds, a music venue in huge reused industrial sheds, Building Bloqs, an open access workshop for makers and the Meridian Water Film Studios.
We require a Project Manager to assist with the delivery of the £170m Housing Infrastructure Fund programme of work. The successful candidate will deliver projects within the two key workstreams; A £50m Rail improvement programme and a £120m site infrastructure works programme. The role will provide day to day management from scoping to delivery, assist with the management of project teams, commission work from external parties and consultants and forge partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
You will have had consultant or client-side experience managing infrastructure projects within large scale infrastructure delivery programmes. The role requires a broad range of skills from budget control to construction logistics, with the aptitude to be flexible and adapt priorities in line with changing circumstances and need. You will have an understanding of commercial control and reporting experience associated with a large projects.
We work at a fast pace, with a dynamic and a diverse team. If you have the right combination of skills and ambition and want to be part of one the country’s largest regeneration projects this is the place to be.
• Manage technical design development by external teams from the client-side to ensure design acceptability and swift resolution of issues.
• Able to lead a highly technical project team and be prepared to make decisions based on analysing complex technical information
• Client-side management of a wide range of workstreams including rail improvements, highway and bridge design and delivery, ground remediation and flood alleviation
• Effective liaison with and management of internal and external client team during design and construction phases
• Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
• Manage revenue and capital budgets for specific projects ensuring costs are kept within the allotted budget.
• Monitor performance indicators and quality targets to ensure that the works meets agreed objectives.
• Attend and contribute at meetings in a wide range of settings such as site meetings, consultation events and public meetings.
• Provide best practice expertise to other staff and senior management.
• Anticipate problems and provide effective solutions.
• Assist in maintaining effective systems, processes and procedures for collecting, analysing and sharing data, enabling more effective decision making and joint working in support of continuous improvements in service planning and delivery.
• Prepare and present reports for Senior Managers to facilitate and inform understanding and decision-making.
• Comply with Standing Orders, financial regulations and statutory obligations and ensure service procurement, commissioning and delivery; and the management of people; is within London Borough of Enfield’s policy and related requirements.
• Assess feasibility studies, preparing reports and recommendations to senior managers, project boards and partners
If you are energetic and have the required skills to join this very exciting project, we look forward to hearing from you
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date : Midnight 26th September 2022
Inrerview date : TBC
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Bron Claridge on 020 8132 0481.