Newham Community Learning (based at Portway Primary)
Job starts: ASAP
We are looking for an excellent admin assistant to provide efficient administration support across the school. The post-holder will also be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the school leadership team, in a variety of ways, and as directed.
Selwyn and Portway Primary Schools, both of which are graded Outstanding by Ofsted, are part of the newly formed Newham Community Trust. Both schools are situated a short walk from each other in Plaistow, East London. Selwyn is additionally the resourced provision for deaf children in Newham and we serve a richly diverse community.
We need an Admin assistant who:
● Has excellent communication skills & can drive a successful school office & administrative support to the senior leadership team.
● Matches the skills listed in the person specification (follows the job description and is part of the same document)
● Has excellent organisational skills and is able to prioritise workload
● Demonstrates a strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with school and Trust leaders, and to work with and support staff
● Has a commitment to their own professional development
We can offer you:
● A role in an organisation with a strong moral purpose, which exists in order to provide children with the best possible start in life
● Work in an organisation committed to the professional development and well-being of all its staff
● Quality first professional development - including the possibility of professional development beyond the Trust, dependant on the Trust’s current growth plans
● A supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues
Further information about our schools and the communities we serve can be found on the Portway Primary School website and the Selwyn Primary School website.
Closing Date: 27th September 2022.
Short-Listing: 29th September 2022.
Interviews: Week commencing 3rd October 2022.
Portway and Selwyn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire may be required for this post.