Purpose of role:
To provide grounds maintenance services which are customer oriented, high quality responsive to the needs of the Association, including external clients, and in line with service standards.
Key result areas:
- To carry out shrub bed maintenance, including leaf removal, weeding and pruning with either hand tools or machines.
- To carry out grass cutting, both with hand and ride on machines.
- To remove leaves from both hard and soft landscapes areas.
- To remove litter including drug debris from hard and soft landscape area, including bins.
- To carry out weed and pest control.
- To maintain water ways including rubbish removal and vegetation control.
- To provide a parks mobile patrol service, including pitch marking.
- To check and maintain play areas.
- To remove graffiti using a variety of methods.
- To ensure that paths are salted where and when appropriate, and participate in snow clearance activity.
- To take part in keep Britain Tidy surveys in variety of ways.
- To assist the tree gangs as required.
- To wear all Personal Protective Equipment and uniform provided by the Association.
- To ensure that Peabody Health and Safety requirements as a landlord, as a service provider and as an employer, are adhered to.
- To maintain safe systems of work, reporting non-compliance to the HASWA 1974.
Professional Expertise and Continuous Improvement
- To Take part in all training provided by Peabody
- To establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues and tenants to ensure an integrated contribution to Associations objectives.
- To take a proactive role in the positive resolution of complaints.
- To represent both internally and externally.
- To report any defects using appropriate systems for both work related and estate based issues.
- To positively comply with Association policies, procedures and systems ensuring compliances with the needs of legal, regulatory and statutory bodies as well as best practice principles.
- To observe, deliver, continually promote and act in accordance with the associations Health and Safety, equal opportunities and customer care policies and procedures.
- To undertake other tasks as reasonably required in order to meet the varying demands of the service and Association.
To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- Proven experience of working in a grounds maintenance environment
- Proven ability to work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work
- Experience of using a wide range of equipment and tools
- Specialist technical knowledge of horticultural practices
- Experience of using a wide range or equipment and tools.
- Experience of supervision of a small site-based team
Use of plant including tractors and ride-ons
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.