IT Technician (TEC114)
Grade E (SCP 7 – 12) £20,44- £22,571 per annum
37 Hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated professional to join the Council’s ICT support team. You will be required to work at the Civic Centre in Stafford and the Civic Centre in Cannock.
Your main role will be to provide high quality desktop, application and network support service to over 500 users at each site. You should have a sound working knowledge of networked PCs and Microsoft Windows packages including versions of Microsoft Office. You will need good problem solving and diagnostic skills and a genuine customer focussed approach within a technical environment. A willingness to train and develop new skills is also important in this post.
Due to the nature of the ICT support service it will be necessary to support the on call arrangements and so you will need to be within easy access of both sites. There will also be the need to cover the ICT ServiceDesk until 5.00pm on weekdays.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- You must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- You must possess a flexible but organised approach to work and have the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- You will come from an ICT background with sound knowledge of PC technology hardware, software and windows operating systems.
- You should be able to demonstrate experience of installing configuring, testing and implementing hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of active directory administration, windows server is advantageous.
- A full driving licence is essential as is access to a vehicle.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 02 October 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 October 2022