LIFE Education Trust
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex, RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Hours: 36 hours per week, 38 weeks per year. 82.66 % FTE
Salary: Scale 4.7 - 4.10. Actual Salary £19,342 - £20,404
Would you like to join our successful girls' school?
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our ambitious and popular girls' school in Romford.
The successful applicant will be suitably-trained to supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are absent. The cover supervisor's main role will be to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the objectives they have been set by the teacher.
The role also includes ensuring the classroom seating plan is used where relevant and ensuring prompt registration of pupils. You will be expected to act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct to ensure that good behaviour is maintained, in line with the school behaviour policy. Good ICT skills will be key in helping pupils to achieve their learning objectives. You will be expected to provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher, by keeping accurate records.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18. We were again rated as good by OFSTED in 2019.
What we can offer you:
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- An approach that supports professional growth
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds with a rich history
- A supportive and forward thinking leadership team in an inclusive academy and MAT
- Well qualified and experienced staff
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Retail Discounts
- Free Flue Vaccinations
- 24Hr Wellbeing Support Package
What you can offer us:
- Enthusiasm and passion for Excellence
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours within the workplace
- Experience of working with and supervising children and young people
- Proficiency in the use of ICT and software systems used in schools
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- Ability to successfully work in a team with fantastic communication skills
- NVQ Level 4 teaching qualification or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the School
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
We are part of LIFE Education Trust who support schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create
vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
Everyone needs to find their purpose. At the LIFE Education Trust our mission is to build great learning
communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
- Courageous optimism
- Boundless creativity
- Heartfelt compassion
These beliefs are at the centre of everything we do. As a Trust we believe in helping staff and pupils
achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our
passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we would love to hear from you.
To see why we're so proud of our school and for more information, including an application pack go to: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/ and follow us on twitter @FBA_Official
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found here https://fbaok.co.uk/how-to-apply-2/, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Vicky Smith, Head of HR, by 9am Thursday 6th October 2022.
Shortlisting will occur shortly after and interviews will take place W/C Monday 10th October.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’.
Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.