Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: As soon as possible
The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-organised and reliable clerk to provide effective and confidential administrative support to the governing body as well as providing advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
About the role
The successful candidate will be fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school; energetic and enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and learning.
You will be able to offer:
- Effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees
- Guidance ensuring the governing body constitution is correct
- Effective management of information in accordance with legal requirements
We are seeking someone who is:
- Able to maintain clear records, preparing and circulating agendas and associated paperwork
- Confident taking minutes at meetings, liaising with governors and school staff, and working with the Chair to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the governing body
- Forward thinking so as to ensure that all relevant documentation is circulated well in advance
- Prepared to work flexibly and electronically
A large proportion of the role is expected to be completed from home. The workload is variable as governors may need additional meetings from time to time. The successful applicant is expected to organise and plan their time efficiently around the governors’ requirements and school calendar.
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This is a permanent, 52 weeks per year contract of approx 18 hours per calendar month. Salary will be paid pro rata on Points 9 - 17 (pay award pending) of the NJC Scale based on the experience of the successful candidate.
For further information, please contact Kim Breckell, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 20th October
Interview date: Week commencing 31st October
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email to the school office: email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 306980
All applications must be submitted using the Catholic Education form, downloaded from below.
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.