£26.11 per hour
Our Newham Learning & Skills is the post-19 Local Authority controlled provider of Adult Education, delivering over £4 million worth of Adult Education to over 10,000 enrolments p.a. equating to 3000 learners.
The service area is seeking to recruit tutors in the following subject areas:
Employability and Business Skills
English and Mathematics
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Bhangra Dance and Dhol Playing
Mathematics Multiply Projects
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- To teach the agreed courses in a flexible and creative way, utilising digital technologies and other resources as appropriate and in line with the organisation’s digital inclusion approach and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy, to meet both the needs of the students and the course requirements.
- To deploy a wide range of teaching and student-centred learning strategies that ensure (a) the most effective learning, retention, achievement and progression of students, and (b) the most effective use of teaching time and other resources.
- To follow Our Newham – Learning & Skills quality assurance procedures by maintaining and completing up-to-date group profiles, course outline forms, lesson plans, schemes of work, records of assessment of students’ progress and achievement, evaluation data on course activities and tutor course reports.
- To ensure that the right level of support is given to every individual through a series of regular reviews, progress reports and completion of the Individual Learning Plan.
- To undertake course administration including maintaining a course register and checking students’ enrolment status.
- To provide induction and advice and information to students on the requirements of the course programme and possible progression routes.
- To work co-operatively with the Programme area including supporting the Pathway Co-ordinator and Marketing Teams in promotional and marketing activities for the Programme and the courses taught and participating in departmental curriculum development on a yearly basis.
Closing date: 25th September 2022
Please view Sessional Tutor Job Description
We are committed to creating an inclusive, anti-racist environment for all. When you apply for a job at Newham, your application is considered on its merits regardless of your age, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender identity or sexual orientation. If you share our vision and values, and you bring the experience and skills we need, that’s all that matters to us.
The London Borough of Newham has important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. If you are appointed to a job that involves working with these groups, you may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
We practice anonymised recruitment. Please ensure that you remove all personal information from any documents that you upload.
Willingness and ability to undertake evening duties on a regular basis and occasional weekend working as and when required.