Benhurst Primary School
Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 4QS
Tel: 01708 450807
Website: www.benhurst.havering.sch.uk Twitter: @BenhurstPrimary
Learning Support Assistant
Hours: Part-time, 27 hrs per week/38 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 3.5 - 3.6 (£22,575 - £22,983). Actual Salary £14,158 - £14,414. FTE 62.72% Inclusive of Outer London Allowance
Start Date: Required for October 2022
Could you offer learning support to our pupils with special educational needs?
We are looking to appoint a passionate and outstanding Learning Support Assistant to join our two- form entry Primary School in Elm Park, Hornchurch for 27 hours per week.
Working alongside teaching staff, you will support learning in line with the national curriculum. You will work with students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, providing particular and skilled
support to pupils with severe learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical
We pride ourselves in providing an inclusive education in a safe and engaging school environment where all children are nurtured and encouraged to aim high. Our pupils are a joy to teach and are very
proud to be part of a fantastic kind and caring school community. You will be part of a positive environment, with dedicated and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we can offer you:
- Children who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- A stimulating and welcoming learning environment in a fantastic school community
- A supportive and forward thinking leadership team in an inclusive academy and MAT
- Well qualified and experienced staff
- Pupils who are enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Supportive parents
- 24hr wellbeing support package
- Free flu vaccinations
- Retail discounts
What you can offer us:
- An enthusiasm and passion for excellence
- Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours within the workplace
- An understanding of specific learning needs and styles to differentiate support to pupils
- Desire to help all pupils succeed
- Compassionate towards the needs of the pupils
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- Creative, optimistic and able to adapt your style to capture pupils learning interests
- Ability to use IT packages and support students
- Ability to successfully work in a team with fantastic communication skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
We are part of the LIFE Education Trust who support schools to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
Everyone needs to find their purpose. At the LIFE Education Trust our mission is to build great learning
communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
- Courageous optimism
- Boundless creativity
- Heartfelt compassion
These beliefs are at the centre of everything we do. As a Trust we believe in helping staff and pupils achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we would love to hear from you.
To see why we're so proud of our school and for more information, including an application form go to: https://benhurst.havering.sch.uk/ and follow us on twitter @Benhurst Primary
How to apply
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Vicky Smith, Head of HR, by 9am Friday 7th October 2022. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisting will take place shortly after and interviews will be held during W/C 10th October.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome
applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’.
LIFE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.