Job title: Service Manager – Young Croydon
Department: Children’s Services
Location: Croydon Council (CR0)
Grade / Salary: CSRA £66,738 - £73,315
Hours of work: 36 per week / Monday – Friday
Contract type: Permanent
“Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of children and young people?”
The focus of this role is to lead and implement the development of ‘Young Croydon’, which is an alliance of delivering multi-agency interventions in response to the welfare and safety needs of children, young people, and their families at risk of Child Exploitation, Serious Youth Violence and Missing in Croydon.
This approach will be supported by the coordination of social work services in partnership with key stakeholders, partner agencies, third sector and community / faith-based organisations.
Leadership and management of operational teams including Adolescent Support and Edge of Care in collaboration with colleagues from Youth Engagement and the Youth Offending Service including the Gangs team will prove vital.
We ask applicants to have the following experience.
- A clear commitment to services working in partnership with families and creating positive change in young people’s lives.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing statutory interventions that are relevant to this service area and role (including high risk and high complexity work), and that deliver high quality performance and good outcomes for children and young people.
- Able to lead, think, plan and manage strategically and systemically, as well as operationally.
- Able to use performance information to drive improvement for children and young people.
- Able to produce high quality, analytical and evidence-based reports.
- Able to manage, plan and control delegated budgets.
- Experience of developing high quality services within a statutory setting, with a particular focus on contextualised safeguarding.
- Experience of developing a highly motivated, high achieving and stable work force with a positive, “can-do”, customer-centred culture.
- Able to work outside of normal office hours when required and to be part of the senior manager out-of-hours rota.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Retention payment of £1,500
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 31 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- A range of CPD opportunities to support your development
- Accredited Systemic Supervision training
- Manageable team caseloads
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Experienced Service Managers and Snr Leaders supporting front line managers, regular supervision, and access to a clinical therapist to support your work
- Our Edge of Care Service works alongside social work teams
Why Join Us
- Our teams consist of experienced Social Workers at various levels
- Join a highly diverse workforce
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties, they will use this time to problem solve complex cases
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Caseloads of Social Workers are very manageable enabling managers to know children well & ensure high standards of practice
- You will join an established management team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
- The council promotes a hybrid working where the role allows
- Qualified and registered Social Worker who is Social Work England registered
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions for children in the relevant service area of the child’s journey.
- Experienced in leading and managing performance of a team of social workers, ensuring the cases are allocated effectively in terms of skills and experience suited to the complexity of the case.
Full time 36 hours
Closing date 11 December 2022 @11:59pm
Shortlisting will take place on 12th December 2022
Interviews will take place on 19th December 2022
Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Subject to business needs, we will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working, whereby staff attend the workplace for part of their working week and work from home, or elsewhere, remotely for the rest of the time.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.