Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed an exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values and to move Origin forward.
We’re looking for a committed and motivated person to be responsible for delivering a proactive, high quality and customer focused neighbourhood property management service to Origin’s residents. A trusted advocate for our residents and their neighbourhood, you’ll be visible and proactively managing our estates, knowing our customers and their communities.
You’ll manage all general needs, intermediate and market rent properties and schemes, resolving issues at the point of first contact, ensuring value for money service to our customers. Working collaboratively with other teams, you will be innovative and solution focused to ensure the delivery of a seamless customer service, providing an exceptional customer experience to our organisation.
You will be experienced in putting customers views and experiences at the forefront, ensuring they feel listened to and their concerns are acted on and communication is proactive. You’ll live our values meeting our customer service standards and the Origin Oath – I’m on your side; I’ll keep you informed; I’ll see it through.
You’ll be skilled at working collaboratively with internal teams, residents, and stakeholders with excellent communication skills. We’re looking for someone who can problem solve, use initiative and work with others to improve our service to residents.
What you’ll do
Give your time
· Manage and resolve tenancy and estate management issues across multiple tenures.
· Work with colleagues and residents to improve the estate environment and community
· A central point of contact for residents on queries, liaising with internal departments as necessary to ensure that customer enquiries are dealt with efficiently and within service standards and KPI’s.
· Work collaboratively with the Property Services and Estate Services Teams, to ensure estates are clean, safe and well maintained
· Play a key part in all new developments, establishing early design/service principles on new build schemes, developing robust management plans, ensuring a seamless handover and induction period.
· Progress and prepare cases for court
· Make appropriate judgements about how to deal with tenancy breaches, including identifying and acting on housing fraud.
· Manage all tenancy/neighbourhood processes through to completion.
· Create energy and achieve all team and personal targets, including Fire Risk Actions and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS).
· Assist/answer complaints/MP/Councillor enquiries within required timescales.
· Support vulnerable residents (including hoarding cases) to manage tenancies and risk, sign posting to internal and external support services.
· Build and sustain thriving and cohesive neighbourhoods by effectively managing schemes, including leading on managing anti-social behaviour
Bring people together
· Lead on Estate Walkabouts, Neighbourhood Action
· Regular liaison with the Rents & Service Charge Team to review service charge expenditure against the budgets
· Lead on arranging and attending resident liaison meetings
· Work closely with the Development and Sales Teams to ensure a seamless handover of new properties to new residents
· Maintain/develop all communication for residents, including the website, social media, notice boards, articles etc.
Come forward with a can-do attitude
· You’ll take a holistic view of the resident and their household
· Act as a champion for the customer and drive a resident involvement culture across your schemes
· Working with the Community Development Team and key external stakeholders including the police and safer neighbourhood teams in order to provide a high-quality service.
Go the extra, extra mile
· Contribute to effective team working and provide training and appropriate cover for colleagues as required.
· Deputise for the Neighbourhood Team Manager as required.
What you’ll need
A motivational approach
· A strong team player, flexible in your approach and open to change.
· Handling customer enquiries and problem solving within a high-pressured environment.
· Able to deal calmly and effectively with challenging situations and people.
· Highly self-aware, self-motivating and committed to seeing things through to completion
Relationship building skills
· We reach out to third parties to help us; you’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships.
· You’ll be able to demonstrate your experience of engaging with customers to address their concerns and find solutions
· We operate at a high level; you’ll need strong experience in a Neighbourhood Management or similar property management background.
· You’ll have expert and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, procedures and good practice relevant to tenancy management
· Qualification in housing related/property management field (desirable).
· 5 GCSE (Grades A-C including English & Maths) or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience
· Experience of representing at Court (desirable)
· You’ll have experience of the development process and managing new builds (desirable)
· Experience of dealing with antisocial behaviour.
· Understanding of service charge management.
· You’ll work flexibly to meet deadlines where appropriate and prepared to attend evening/weekend meetings, including responding to occasional out of hours emergencies.
· A flexible approach and a willingness to provide cover involving travelling to other offices and mobile working across a wide geographical area.
A strategic brain
· We move things forward and get things done; you’ll be a good problem solver and able to find solutions to resolve issues
· Able to work using own initiative and judgment with minimal guidance.
· Ability to meet deadlines within a high volume, time critical, highly regulated environment
· Enthusiasm for identifying and embracing new ways of working and good practice
· You’ll have a commercial awareness and approach to your work
Confident communication skills
You’ll need to be a confident communicator across all channels, specifically; excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. We have outlined the key behaviours and values we’ll expect of you, and the knowledge, experience and skills you need to do the job. You’ll be assessed on all these elements at various stages throughout the selection process. You can find out more about us by simply visiting www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the
extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well
as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too –
personalising your benefits package to you.
· Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked
at random but personalised to you
Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your