Are your behaviours aligned with the Councils values? Do you have the skills to lead a team to support residents that have a housing need? If so, this maybe the role for you.
In Kensington and Chelsea, we put local people and local businesses at the heart of decision-making, working in partnership with them to provide quality services that are responsive, effective and efficient.
The Housing Solutions Service is on a journey to develop and improve outcomes for residents that have a housing need. Our focus is on early intervention and prevention and much of this approach will be through working with and in the community.
The Council has a responsibility to ensure that households in need are assessed and provided with information and support to residents that have would like access to social housing or are a risk of becoming homeless or are homeless.
This often includes using the law and legal guidance to ensure that households are provided with the correct notifications for any decision that council has made. The post holder will be expected to:
- Lead a team of officers to perform legal responsibilities relating to housing
- Ensure that local councillors and partners receive timely and good quality responses to enquiries
- Supporting staff to deliver quality outcomes
- Be active in the community and a key point of contact and reference point for the community
- Provide high quality customer service
- Be open to difference and solution focused
Please refer to the Job Description for more information
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of responding to Housing and Homelessness enquiries
- A solution focused approach to resident needs
- A value system that is aligned with Council aims
- Clear leadership qualities
- Resilience to deliver outcomes in ever changing situations
- Balance and flexibility when managing a range of different functions and competing priorities
Join us, and you can look forward to a package that includes a competitive salary, a high-quality pension scheme and generous annual leave plus bank holidays.
We reserve the right to extend or close this vacancy early without warning subject to the volume of suitable applicants.
Please do not upload any documents, including CVs/Covering Letters or supporting statements, as these documents will not be reviewed and could result in your application not being shortlisted.
You should describe how you meet the person specification requirements for the position you are applying for in Section G of the application form.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
We engage our staff with a variety of learning types including face-to-face and virtual learning because we want to ensure our staff understand our values and behaviours, grow their skills and develop their careers.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
We do not accept speculative CVs from any source.
Please note, we will primarily contact candidates by e-mail throughout the recruitment process, please monitor your email junk / spam folder as our system generated emails may be allocated to these folders by your email settings.