At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Economy department, we aim to be efficient in everything that we do. We believe our residents deserve a place that is safe, clean and green, with high quality services they can rely on.
The London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, Adult Learning & Skill Service (ALSS) provides over 400 courses to more than 6,500 students locally and London wide. The courses offered are both nationally accredited qualifications and non-accredited courses at various locations throughout the borough.
ALSS have received funding to implement and deliver an exciting three-year national innovative maths programme Multiply. Multiply is a programme designed to increase the number of adults participating in, and achieving, We are seeking to recruit a dynamic full time Programme Leader, reporting to the Programme Manager for Skills for Life. This is a key role to manage and co-ordinate the Multiply programme, which will be an integral part of our Skills for Life and Family Learning curriculum. Our Skills for Life and Family learning team has an excellent track record in delivering highly successful SfL programmes in the community.
The post holder must have:
- A degree or equivalent Level 4 Adult teaching qualification in Maths or equivalent;
- Range of recent successful teaching experience in programme area;
- Evidence of ability to develop and manage a curriculum programme that is responsive to and meets the needs of the Services objectives and priorities;
- Evidence of ability to recruit, support and manage staff to perform to a high standard;
- Evidence of understanding and knowledge of developments and policies pertinent to the service;
- Evidence of understanding of the Education Inspection Framework and ability to contribute to quality improvement strategies;
- Evidence of ability to develop and source learning resources that enable high standards of teaching;
- Evidence of understanding and knowledge of developments and policies pertinent to the service.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- To support the planning the delivery of the Multiply Programme area in a way that complies with national and local requirements.
- Contribute to the Skills for Life Team and wider strategies and plans for the Service
- Set up, manage and monitor the multiply programme to ensure all local needs are considered, and local, regional and national targets are met
- Profile recruitment, engagement, success and progression of the contract and report to DfE on outcomes
- Support staff recruitment, training, and performance to ensure high quality provision
Contact details for an informal discussion: Kathleen McCarthy, Staff Services Manager, 07788380209, or via email: KATHY.MCCARTHY@LBHF.GOV.UK