We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for a Visiting Housing Officer to join a growing, customer and colleague focused organisation as we prepare for our forthcoming merger with Southern Housing Group, planned for January 2023.
You’ll join the Neighbourhoods Team which consists of dynamic and diverse people. You’ll have the opportunity to provide a comprehensive housing management service, within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed performance standards, ensuring a high-quality customer service is always provided.
You will be given the flexibility of working from home 2-3 days a week and the remaining days onsite. Please note that this role is being offered on a 12-month fixed term contract / secondment.
What you'll need
- Experience of working in housing related or similar customer facing area, or studying a housing related subject.
- Some understanding of issues around housing law, rights of tenants and landlords and laws relating to repairs would be desirable.
- You'll have an understanding of common building defects, and the solutions would be an advantage.
- You’ll have the ability to communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language.
- The ability to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems.
- You’ll have the ability to manage time & tasks effectively, work well under pressure both individually and in a team to deadlines, delegating appropriately.
- You’ll be able to develop and review Policy and Procedures regarding arrears and income management needs, so the ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of rents and income to assist and support the income team.
This role will require you to have a full driving licence and access to a car.
Closing date for applications: 13th December 2022 at 23:59
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.