24 Months Fixed Term Contract/Secondment
Our service area covers the busy and diverse front-end of housing customer demand. We prevent and assess statutory homelessness, offer high quality advice, and find temporary, supported and social housing for our customers.
This is a challenging time for our service. Demand is high and options are limited. We need to combine controlling temporary accommodation costs and meeting our statutory duties with a first-class customer focussed service, as well as managing customer expectations.
The role of Housing Project Officer is challenging and varied, and we are looking for someone with strong skillsets in the following:
- Data analysis skills bringing together data sets from the three different systems used by the department.
- Excellent Power point presentation skills to communicate information to a range of audiences including Members and Senior Management.
- Financial management skills to assist key staff in monitoring budgets and scheme costs including the spot purchase scheme
- Ability to develop business plans and briefing notes relating to new projects and proposals
- Ability to take responsibility for your own personal development and learning.
The successful candidate will act as a point of contact liaising with other services to address business challenges – including Housing Benefit, ICT, Finance, Repairs, Systems and PMO
The role will form part of the departmental management team, which takes responsibility for designing the service and implementing change to ensure continuous improvement in the department.
This post is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
Ealing Council employees will be offered a secondment, external candidates will be offered a fixed term contract. Ealing employees please ensure the secondment release form is signed by your line manager prior to applying. Please return your completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 December 2022