Tel: 01708 225186
Head Teacher: Mrs N Sansom
Assistant School Keeper
Hours: Full Time: 36 hours per week x 52 weeks per year
Grade: Grade 1/2, points 1 - 5
Actual Salary: £23,457 - £24,804
Start Date: As soon as possible
We aim to appoint someone who has experience of site management in a school, loves their job and is excited to go to work each day.
The assistant site manager will work with the site manager to ensure the site is safe, secure and ready to use by pupils, staff and other school users.
The main responsibilities will include:
- cleaning, including cleaning at height
- emergency repairs
- site safety and security, including being a key holder
- portering, which may include heavy lifting
- monitoring the use of the site by other people.
We need someone who:
- is able to work flexibly, both as part of a team and independently, responding effectively to the ‘unexpected’
- understands health, safety and security issues in schools
- has the know-how to assess and carry out minor repairs and maintenance
- is willing to develop their own skills and knowledge, including undertaking any relevant training
- is proactive and can constantly reprioritise their workload as circumstances change
- has excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Branfil Primary School is a three-form entry LA maintained school based in Upminster, Essex.
We can offer you:
- a welcoming, supportive and friendly staff
- an exciting and well-resourced working environment
- enthusiastic and polite pupils who value each other and the school
- parents and carers who recognise the commitment of staff
- CPD tailored to your individual needs
- Opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged.
Please see the school website to find out more about Branfil Primary School.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 9th December 2022 at midday
Interview Date: Thursday 15th & Friday 16th December 2022
Branfil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff are required to undergo enhanced DBS checks.