Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic centre and other locations from time to time
This is an exciting time to join the Learning and Development Team in Brent. Situated in Human Resources, Learning and
Development has seen significant changes and advances and we are keen to recruit a motivated individual to provide efficient and professional day-to-day administration support to the Learning and Development Team in delivering the priorities within the
Learning and Development Service Plan, including administrative tasks, providing management information, monitoring and tracking of learning and development activities and training centre support.
You will be willing to learn about developing e-learning solutions and how to update and maintain the integrated learning hub
To be successful in this role you will have experience of working within a Learning and Development team and acting as the
first point of contact with internal and external customers. You will be confident in undertaking arrange of administration tasks and experience of use of Learning management systems to support advertising and enrolment on learning activities.
Key skills required are:
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with a wide audience including Council staff, members of the public and outside organisations.
- Able to use information systems and databases to record service information and generate reports required by the service
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills to meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively market the service and learning offer.
- Use of IT applications in a learning environment in particular Excel
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.