Maternity leave (11 Months)
Admin Assistant / Receptionist
Closing date: 22nd January 2023
Shortlisting date: 27th January 2023
Interview date: 3rd February 2023
Start date 13th March 2023
Hours 28.8 hours per week – Scale 3 Point 5-6 (£16,634 - £16,908)
Pro-rata - Term time only
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Hawkswood Primary / SEMH & Burnside provision is looking for an Admin Assistant / Receptionist
- Do you want to make a difference where it most counts?
- Do you believe that every child has the potential to succeed with the right help and support?
- Do you believe in the power of educational to change lives?
Hawkswood Primary, Hawkswood Secondary and Burnside Secondary PRU are part of the Hawkswood Group of schools, serving children who have additional needs linked to Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH).
Our children and families are awesome and require calm, encouraging and enabling adult support. They are keen to learn, but come to us with specific gaps in learning due to poor attendance, low levels of resilience or additional needs linked to behaviour or social, emotional and mental health needs. Some of our children have an EHCP for additional needs such as ADHD and or ASD.
We are looking to appoint an Admin Assistant / Receptionist to work across our two sites, the role requires staff who can:
- Be the first point of contact in a busy office serving a diverse community;
- Be vigilant and assist with the day to day tasks in the office, ensuring accurate records are kept;
- Offer excellent customer service skills in a genuine polite, kind and caring manner;
- Prioritise their workload, multi task and work under pressure;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to use a variety of computer apps and software;
- Ensure that all matters are kept confidential;
- Develop positive relationships with pupils, parents and visitors;
- Understand safeguarding responsibilities.
If you are open and welcoming, and enjoy the thought of sharing your office at Hawkswood with a small but friendly school dog, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer
- Regular training
- Childcare vouchers
- Sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car parking facilities
- Flexible working hours or job share if needed.
If appointed, you will be joining a team committed to changing lives and truly making a difference for all our pupils, a team who work hard together to raise standards in behaviour and educational achievement.
Please see the JD and person specification. For further information call the Headteacher, Elaine Clark on 020 8289 4651 for an informal discussion about the position.
The Hawkswood Group is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children. Please note that this position requires as enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks will be carried out prior to appointment.