Orchard Schools Partnership - Based at Hangleton
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Fixed Term: Until August 2023 - but likely to be extended
Start date: As soon as possible
Do you love working outdoors? We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to run Forest School based activities, beginning as soon as possible.
About the role
The successful candidate must:-
- Be willing to complete the forest school qualification ( If not already held)
- Be creative and enthusiastic for outward bounds activities – which may include firelighting, den and shelter building, and outdoor crafts. ( more complex forest school activities can be carried out if/ once qualified)
- Have experience of working and supporting primary age children.
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Readiness to make a positive contribution to the full life of the school
- Plan & Prepare activities
- & Willing to work outside in all weathers.
Be able to follow and implement the schools behaviour policy and manage groups of children
The post is for 3 afternoons a week, which will include planning and preparation time.
Closing date: Midday, 15th December
Interview date: Week commencing 3rd January
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Dale View, Hangleton, BN3 8LF, email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 294874
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.