Paid weeks per year: 47.15 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
Fixed Term: Until 21st July 2023
Start date: As soon as possible
Carden is a two form entry primary school with a nursery. The school is inclusive and has a strong, caring ethos. The Governors would like to appoint an individual needs assistant to support 1 – 2 individual pupil (s) with additional needs which may include: ASC, SLCN, medical or complex learning needs.
About the role
The successful applicant will:-
- Support the pupils learning, physical, social, emotional and communication needs within the classroom and during social activities.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of the needs of children with Special Educational Needs such as ASC, Speech, Language and Communication difficulties and cognition and learning.
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team with professionals to maximise the pupils’ development and communication skills and deliver programmes to support the children’s needs.
- Be resilient and able to work independently, flexibly and use their own initiative to respond to the children’s needs
- Be committed to inclusion and have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
We would offer you a very rewarding and enjoyable position in an exceptionally warm and friendly environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position and would like more information please contact the School Office. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. We really look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Midday, 11th January 2023
Interview date: Thursday 19th January 2023
Please note previous applicants need not apply - The school reserves the right to interview suitable candidates in advance of interview dates where appropriate. Applications will be considered as soon as they are received, with a view to an early interview.
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address: County Oak Avenue, Brighton BN1 8LU, email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 916606
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.