Grade 8- £41,586 to £45, 576 pa.
At the London Borough of Havering we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality services to our residents, shared owners and leaseholders.
At Havering, residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the heart of everything we do. It is imperative that applicants are committed to Havering’s ICARE values and committed to our vision of becoming a national top quartile service across a range of measures.
The Senior Sales and Marketing Officer role, is a key position and will work to ensure we meet all of our statutory timelines and targets.
Reporting to the Home Ownership Manager, and working as part of the Home Ownership Team. The post holder will have overall operational responsibility for the RTB process from application through to completion, and sales and marketing of all shared-ownership units, within the Borough.
To ensure we effectively manage all service functions for RTB and Shared Ownership Units for Havering Council leaseholders/homeowners, residential and commercial stock. By line managing and leading a team of staff to deliver a high performing, best in class service that we are proud of.
The post holder will assist the Home Ownership Manager with the delivery of the borough’s regeneration programme through the buy-back of properties across all identified estates, to improve the quality and type of stock for council tenants, and to implement the Council’s policy relating to the marketing and sales of Shared Ownership properties also known as LCHO (Low Cost Home Ownership).
A key objective will be to create a dynamic, innovative, agile service that uses data, technology and business intelligence to set the operational direction and drive ambitious, achievable, challenging targets for all service functions. Working seamlessly with a range internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance. To manage a service that delivers top in class service, and provide values for money to service users
In return we offer a competitive salary, with an organisation that is committed to getting the best out of its people, with a strong focus on training and development, and a culture that will enable you and your service to flourish
Why choose Havering?
On joining Havering, you will find our supportive, approachable and visible leadership who are happy to share their skills and experience to guide you wherever you need it. We are proud to be a forward-thinking organisation that embraces new ways of working to the benefit of our employees and residents alike.
More reasons to choose Havering:
• A competitive salary £41,586 to £45, 576 Grade 8 spinal points 35 – 39
• An agile, modern and efficient council in London’s eastern most Borough.
• 26 days’ annual leave, rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Generous Local Government Pension scheme
You will be part of a creative, professional and supportive management team, whose ethos is about working together to achieve success.
About the Job
In this role the responsibility will of course be to have overall operational responsibility for the RTB process from application through to completion, sales and marketing of all shared-ownership units, and council Buy Backs.
But it also has responsibility and ownership of a range of key deliverables which will include:
- Managing a multi-disciplinary staff team
- Ensuring achievement against all service plans, targets, budgets and resources.
- Ensure the team respond to all customer enquiries and complaints within agreed service standards and where necessary, contact customers to clarify issues raised.
- Regularly review and update internal procedures and guidelines in response to legislative and statutory changes in order for Home Ownership to ensure a consistent and fit for purpose service to all customers is maintained.
- Oversee the marketing and sales of Shared Ownership properties in line with the GLA Capital Funding Guidelines, acquire and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all current legislation, Codes of Conduct, etc. relating to the sale of Shared Ownership properties.
- Managing the effective delivery of buy backs, in accordance with legislation and Council rules and funding guidelines
- In conjunction with the Home Ownership Manager, ensure effective performance management practices are implemented within the Home Ownership team to ensure a high quality customer service, including; setting and monitoring service standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s); reviewing staff training needs; undertaking purposeful annual staff appraisals; closely monitoring sickness absence and time keeping in line with the Council’s policies and procedures; and, assisting with disciplinary issues within the team.
The successful candidate will need extensive experience, of heading up all of the service areas
You must be able to evidence the following in your application:
A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a large local authority, social housing and or complex political organisation.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience and extensive knowledge gained from working within the field of Home Ownership, RTB, Sales and Marketing and Buy backs.
A minimum of 1 years experiencing on managing a multi-disciplinary team that covers the substantive areas of the post. RTB, Sales and Marketing, and Buybacks and Home Ownership.
Please view Job Profile here
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Evonne.Hudson@havering.gov.uk
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 2^nd December 2022 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews Tuesday 13^th December 2022 -Interviewing