Crowlands Primary School
Tel: 01708 743402
Executive Headteacher: Mrs H.McClenaghan
Headteacher: Mrs S Clark
Behaviour Teacher required January 2023 - 1 Year Fixed Term
Grade: Main Scale/Upper Pay Range
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Temporary January 2023 - December 2023
We are looking to appoint an experienced Behaviour Class teacher to join our committed, supportive and enthusiastic team from January 2023.
We are looking for a classroom teacher who:
- Shall be responsible for working collaboratively with school-based staff and other professionals to directly support students experiencing behaviour challenges.
- The Behaviour Support Teacher will observe and assess student behaviour, model and demonstrate teaching strategies, contribute to the evaluation process, respond to student and teacher needs with a pupil focus and collaborate with Support Staff Teams and Teaching Team to support embedding behaviour support plans.
- The Behaviour Support Teacher will demonstrate a strong commitment to the planning and delivery of behaviour support and classroom instruction in support of student learning and well-being
The Behaviour Support Teacher shall have the following competencies:
- The ability to contribute to the development of acceptable behaviour for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Proven ability to assist in the planning and implementation of appropriate classroom management strategies and techniques.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and electronic), problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated understanding and commitment to inclusive education
- Possess knowledge of the medical, psychological and social-emotional aspects of students with behavioural challenges. This includes, but is not limited to, knowledge of: developmental trauma, ADHD, Disruptive Behaviour Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, Anxiety, Learning Disabilities, ASD and other learner profiles
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in planning and developing training and professional learning opportunities related to pupils with behaviours of concern
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with pupils, parents, community members and external agencies
- The ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of race relations, cross cultural understanding, human rights and diversity
- The desire and ability to engage in continuing education and professional development
- The ability to implement strategies and techniques for promoting quality student performance in social behaviour based on pupils prior knowledge and experience
Please take a look at our website to see what we can offer. www.crowlandsprimary.com
Candidates are invited to make a appointment to tour the school by contacting our main school office on 01708 743402.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14th December 2022
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 15th December 2022