Senior Service Coordinator
ob title: Senior Service Coordinator
Department: Children’s Social Care
Location: Croydon Council (CR0)
Grade / Salary: Grade 8; £35,217 - £37,038
Hours of work: 36 per week / Monday – Friday
Contract type: Permanent
“Have you got a good eye for detail and a can-do attitude to support an
extremely busy service?”
To provide high quality service support, ensuring the implementation of best practice and service standards. To build effective working relationships and support collaborative ways of working with service coordinators, practitioners, social workers, and managers. To ensure agile and flexible working across the practice system to ensure consistent service delivery. Participate in the development and implementation of service improvements, ensuring compliance with statutory guidance and policies, provide guidance, support, and expertise to service coordinators. Ensure that processes, systems, and governance arrangements are followed and fit for purpose.
Benefits of Working With Us
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 29 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Investment into your staff well-being
Why Join Us
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- You will join an established team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- You will have the support of colleagues within service support services and colleagues in the wider practice system.
We are looking for a confident individual, who also has:
- Knowledge of common service support systems used throughout the council.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the customers’ service support requirements.
- Knowledge of national legislation, policies, standards, and initiatives relevant to this role within a local government environment. Delivering customer service expertise
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of a large team to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- A clear appreciation of the demands of working within a multiple stakeholder, fast-paced, highly political environment.
- Ability to work in a large complex, political organisation and to understand and operate within national and local frameworks of accountability.
To view the Senior Service Coordinator role profile click here
Recruitment and Selection Timeline
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 2nd April 2023
Shortlisting will take place 11th April 2023
Interviews will take place 17th April 2023
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check which allows them to work with children.