Casual Mayoralty Driver
Mayors’ Chauffeur & Macebearer
Evening and weekend working in the main however some weekdays may be available
Required for immediate start
- Are you looking for flexible working arrangements?
- Do you have a full clean UK driving licence with no endorsements and penalty points?
- Are you able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations?
If you answered yes, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for people who want to earn some extra money by joining a small team of casual drivers who ensure that the Mayor arrives at evening and weekend events in a timely and safe manner.
The purpose of the role:
The post provides support to the Mayoralty of both Richmond and Wandsworth by covering the duties of the Chauffeur and Macebearer on a casual basis. The civic and charitable Mayoral events will mainly be local to each borough but occasionally will be in other boroughs in London where there is a good reason for the Mayor to attend. This role will involve driving the Mayoral car to transport the Mayor and Deputy Mayor to and from events, robing the Mayor in their robes and chains, attending events with the Mayor, and acting as the Mayors attendant/macebearer.
- Ensure the mayoral car is always clean and in good running order and report any damage or defects that are identified during the course of your duties.
- Plan a suitable route to ensure arrival at the time stated on the Mayor’s engagement sheet.
- Collect the Mayor or others as directed to ensure arrival at functions by the agreed time.
- Attend on the Mayor at functions as required (full training will be provided).
- You will have a full clean UK driving licence with no endorsements or penalty points.
- You will demonstrate a strong focus on customer care, be able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations.
- You will project a confident and professional image when in the public arena and/or dealing with large groups of people.
- You will be able to assist with the delivery of events and meetings.
- You will be easily contactable to arrange work duties and able to work evenings and weekends sometimes.
Please note the position is advertised as a casual appointment. We cannot guarantee the hours available, but we will agree these with you in advance on a week-by-week basis.
To register your interest in working for us, please email your CV to Sandra Folkes, Mayoralty and Business Manager, email@example.com.
For an informal discussion please contact Sara Jones on 020 8487 5018.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 11th April 2023
Shortlisting Date: Friday 14th April 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 20th April 2023
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
The application process for this campaign will be anonymised.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.